One of my favorite things to do with my boys is bath time; they love it, I can sit down and relax in the bathroom to monitor them, they get clean and burn energy faster than most other activities. 


Both boys play with their bath toys and come up with fun games, whether it's pretend, learning how to balance water weight and redistributing it into different cups, or simply splashing a 'bout for the pure joy of it!

Yes, the messes occur and I spend time every bath night laying down the rules about splashing and playing together, but I can't help sticking them in there to just play. I often forget to actually wash them because I don't want to interrupt their games.




More often then not bath time ends with tears because big brother ruined it for little brother, or we do end up washing them and they hate it, or they just don't want to get out, which I don't blame them; I love baths and showers as well, and I don't like having to get out too.


Bath time truly is the best though, and I love seeing them so content and happy. I enjoy the break I get during it, and the warmth in my home while my children are smiling.  Also, It's really great when daddy joins in, he takes the games and mischief to a whole other level!


I look forward to the days when it's just me and my husband again, but at the same time I know I'll miss these moments often.  There's something tough and yet wonderful about each stage of life, and I think one of the most important things to learn is how to recognize and magnify the good times when they come, even if it's just for a few minutes.

 

No comments