I have been selling my artwork at the Ogden Utah Fall Farmer's Market for the past six weekends, and today is the last one! I've learned a lot from my first farmer's market, received many new event invites and gallery suggestions for the local area, and had the opportunity to practice my set up and make it a touch nicer for pop up tent events. 


Everytime I left to go to the farmer's market in the mornings my eldest son, Quinn, would cry and beg to come with, but I would leave him at home with dad, baby brother and the puppy. He was always so sad to get left behind, but he is a very active, wiggly, loud child, making it difficult to bring to long events.


This time I let in though and told him he could come. It was a bit extra work to get everything ready, and he did make set up a little bit more difficult, especially for a rainy day, but once activity books were pulled out, hot cocoa and orange rolls received, and a fluffy red blanket wrapped around him, it turned out to be a decent autumn day. 


Some people might not like the rain, but we need it here in Utah, and on top of that I'm a Pacific Northwest girl, have always hiked in the Olympic National Park, and learned that you just do things in the rain and learn to love it! So to me the Autumn leaves, the moody rainy days and image of everyone bundled up moving across my eyes is more than welcoming.


Happy Autumn, happy last day of Fall Farmer's Market!

No comments